Sunday, January 6, 2013

get in it


Isaiah 1:16-17
“ Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your deeds from before my eyes; cease to do evil, learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause.

I have seen their terror. I have seen their agony. 
I have seen darkness, bruises, scars, branding, drugged highs, withdrawal lows; I have caught tears, seen destruction, and watched the wrestle. 
I know some names of these precious survivors and I could tell you stories. 

Human Trafficking is real. 
27 million women, children, and men are enslaved around the world because of power-hungry, manipulative, and perverse people exerting authority over the sanctity of life.



There is hope for victims. 
I have seen light penetrate the darkness, love soak into the hurt, & healing come from the pain. I have watched 100% redemption and radical transformation. Victory is real. 

We can end it. 
I believe so much in freedom: free from enslavement to power, free from the entanglements that bind us up, freedom from the need to exert control over others, personal freedom & jubilee & liberty! 

Galatians 5:1 (ESV) Christ Has Set Us Free
“For freedom Christ has set us free…”

John 8:36 (ESV)
“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”

No comments: