Just listened to the June 15th podcast from the One Prayer Campaign. I am fairly certain it was Perry Noble. It was very moving! It was impressive. I also listened to Jentezen Franklin's message. WOW! The former was entitled, "dangerous" and the latter, "passionate." God used both topics to speak to me. Why?
Let's start with Passionate. I love talking about passion. And purpose. I am pretty sure my name is listed in the definitions as a synonym. I am just wired that way - has gotten me into trouble, but that is another blog post... In the message, Franklin described circumstances where each of us does "just enough" or commits enough "to get by." He then shared, that his prayer for the Church is that we'd do enough AND THEN SOME. Three words. Three words that make a world of difference. I got to thinking - am I person who goes "and then some"? In my work? In my relationships? In my faith? I confess, I am not there yet, but I want to be.
And then I listened to Dangerous. Noble's statement was that God never calls us to a fair fight. His explanation? If we sense something that we can do on our own, God is not in that. God will never call us to something that we can do on our own. That makes sense! For God's glory - for His Best Glory - He must be a part of the solution.
And then I began to think about my life. I am on the threshold of a new adventure. One with so much ambiguity and uncertainty. But it occurred to me: if God calls this - He Must have a Plan to Win It! WOW. I am humbled at this. God has found me worthy enough to carry a cause for His Glory that I cannot do alone and that God Himself sees fit to fulfill His own plans. Through me. Yikes. And WOW.
I am filled with uncertainty, but I am also filled with passion and a dangerous hope. A hope that Christ is who He says He is and that God the Father will win the Fight. Victory!
No comments:
Post a Comment