Tomorrow marks 365 days of life in GA. I thought I would post a blog highlighting my top 10 impactful moments in GA. Tonight, 6-10.
10) Epitaphs from the Journey Interns
Character Trait – Courage
The students were challenged to create a phrase that highlighted the legacy that they wanted their internship to leave and how they were going to own that phrase for the future. It was incredibly impactful to hear how they had experienced truth, how they had experienced Christ, and how God grew them. A key phrase that we all latched onto, “Transformed by truth therefore joyfully misunderstood.” God’s perspective, economy, and insight are not what we can latch onto. No, He is superior and far greater than we can be. The willingness to be misunderstood challenges me to be courageous for the purpose of God’s glory.
9) Dave Ramsey
Character Trait – Intentionality
Whew, there have been some systems missing from my personal approach to balancing the finances. There have been some mental gaps in how I approach things. Praise God for some good stewardship insight from wiser people than me.
8) Being Away from my family and friends in MN
Character trait - Communication
There are days where I want to crawl home and hide in my childhood bedroom and stay locked away there forever. Character growth is not easy to endure. There are times when I would give my left toe to laugh with Krista while watching FRIENDS. Some moments I long for the people know my name, know how I celebrate my birthday, or the tone in my voice when I am sad – there’s a history! Sometimes when growth is difficult it’s nice to not have to explain yourself. And I am learning and leaning into a new history to share with others!
7) Living within others’ homes
Character Trait – Simplicity
I have totally given up on what I used to think privacy was. Or order. Or control. And some of that is due to living within other people’s homes. I could not be more grateful or humbled by the generosity and the counter-cultural living that has been extended to me. I love this! And I love have people to talk to, I love hearing the sounds of morning, playing board games, imagining creative fun, cooking for others and with others. Someday, maybe, God will allow me to return the blessing to someone else, just as this blessing has been bestowed upon me.
6) Havilla Children’s Home and my sweet Christophany
Character Trait – Joy
Our last full day in Kenya was spent amongst the beautiful family at Havilla. We sat together, talking and laughing, and working on chores. These beautiful women taught me sweet songs. They showered love and dialogue with each other and with me. On this special day, I also got to spend some incredible time with Christophany who then became my sponsored child (from whom I just got a letter – WOW). She is a beautiful and sweet young girl. I am forever changed by this sense of community and joy – like the early church in Acts 2!!!!
Tomorrow 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1....
No comments:
Post a Comment