Thursday, May 24, 2012

playing with kites

Lately all I have wanted to do is fly a kite. I haven't flown a kite in my adulthood without a smattering of children around. and even then, all I do is teach them how to do it. No, I want to actually guide the kite myself - see it flying above my head, dancing in the breeze. I want to help it navigate across the breeze. 


The women I work with were recently given some kites. And I cannot wait for the moments of hearing the giggles, watching the smiles, and laughing. These women remind me of the simple joy of swimming in a pool and the gift of laughter or the innocence of art.


I love playing. I love twirling, and giggling. I love playing cards, games, making silly faces, making up words, and laughing. Some of my favorite movies (probably, about 90% of them) are children's or family movies!!


Childlike faith is maybe just that: simplicity.
Expectancy.
Awaiting. 
Wide-eyed.
Winsome.

Wonder. 
Glee.



I bet you that you can't NOT smile or bob your head when listening to this song. It's just that playful::



Psalm 18:33

"He makes my feet like hinds’ feet [able to stand firmly or make progress on the dangerous heights of testing and trouble]; He sets me securely upon my high places."




No comments: