I want a hair cut - a new 'do if you will.
I also want to get my hair colored.
There's just something about the change of scenery that is extremely exciting to me. I love the feel of somebody else combing through my hair as they are about to cut it. I love the feeling of hair after it has been cut. I love getting a new color - I love the playfulness of it and the refreshing attitude I have when I am done. I go from "blah" to a celebrity for my own life in just under two hours...give or take, depending on the color. One minute you could be singing, "Ain't No sunshine" and the next minute prancing around belting the title track from the Broadway musical, "Footloose." Stranger things have happened.
I confess, most of the haircuts I am keenly interested in right now involve straight hair. I feel guilty - I don't want to be that person who has curly hair but can't stand to leave it curly. It's just that I am not sure I can resist the potential of the new cuts I am dreaming of.
I also confess repentance. Some of you that may read this, may WISH to have hair that is as flexible as mine is....eh-hem, MOM. I am sorry, I cannot help that I was created this way....but DO find some comfort in the fact that I do not take my hair for granted. And if that isn't comforting enough, know that I am on my way to a "double chin" @ less than 30 years old. So that oughta make you feel pretty.... :P Sigh...inherited traits...
2 comments:
I totally agree with how you feel getting a new haircut or new hairdo. I want to see pictures of what you are contemplating and for sure some "after" pictures!
You are too funny Kristine! I have curly hair as well and wish that I had the time or energy everyday to straighten it. But I do not take for granted the fact that I can put gell/mouse in my hair and be done in 5 minutes flat.
If you get the cut make sure you post pics :)
Post a Comment