Maybe I am a little bit starstruck about the fact that I saw RENT this past week with two of the original cast members: Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp.
Maybe I am a little bit starstruck about the fact that Chris Tomlin and Christy Nockels are helping plant a church here in ATL and that I can attend with any frequency I wish.
I have admitted in recent past that Reese Witherspoon could be my friend - she just seems nice. :)
It could be that there are things that make my eyes widen.
Perhaps it's because I have so much performance background. Honestly, when I used to go to concerts like the Backstreet Boys....ERRRRR.....Third Day, I would get weepy about the fact that I wished that someday 30,000 people would see me perform in one setting. Going to RENT (yes, it IS a shockingly provocative show that inspires me to pray for personal purity) the other night moved me and I felt the familiar pitter patter of performance envy. I don't even know if I miss the stage or would ever want that bohemian-lifestyle...I guess it's the pangs of the past talking to me. Or it's the moment washing over me with memories of what I used to do. Now, I have different dreams, but they don't include much less than sharing a vision with a willing and enthusiastic audience.
After all, my logic tells me that people are not what they seem. Logic tells me that perfoming is not as glamorous as it seems. And, well, people let us down, we let ourselves down - we are human after all.
Starstruck or not, I can't help but feel fabulous and famous when friends welcome you with love, hospitality and thoughtfulness. Or when a kid runs up to you with hugs and giddiness to tell you about life! Starstruck or not, that is sweet.
Starstruck for Jesus,
K
No comments:
Post a Comment