Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I do feel brand new!

I just have to quote more of the book, "GRACE WALK"...

"In order to experience genuine peace, it is necessary to come to the place where you no longer rely on your self-sufficient techniques and patterns. You probably won't give up easily, because you have relied on those resources all your life. So God may allow the weight of adverse circumstances to become greater than the strength of your flesh." Steve McVey p. 33

"As long as your own abilities are sufficient to rise to the challenge, you will never understand that He doesn't just give strength. He IS your strength. In the breaking process, God has no intention of helping you get stronger. He wants you to become so eak that HE can express Himself as the strength you need in every situation." McVey p.34

I have felt like I need to get to the end of my own efforts. And I think I have. My hearts desires and thoughts and circumstances are not where I thought they'd be at this stage of life. But, I am enjoying God so so so much!!!!! I am telling you - this is NO religion or value system. I am on a walk with a real and living and breathing and guiding GOD.

"God wants to bring us to the understanding that we weren't saved to do something for God. We were saved so that we might know Him in intimate daily fellowship." McVey p. 38

No comments: