January is off full swing and 2010 is setting its pace. I am not sure I am ready for this. This break from school and all of the time I have had to self and others has been incredible. INCREDIBLE.
A special highlight for me was the Passion Conference sponsored by 268generation.com.
It was my first ever Passion Conference. It's audience is college students. NOPE, I surpassed that a few years ago, but I was given a ticket through Choose to Invest. What an incredible conference. It re-united me with Ashlee a friend from Eagle Brook in MN to start off. THEN, I was able to be led in worship by some amazing leaders. I gathered together with nearly 25,000 college students...yes, college students. Including some of our 2009 journey interns. What a blessing it was to be with these students again. How I cherished that time!!!!!!!
A highlight for me was going to a late night worship/concert with Hillsong United. I *quite literally* thought the evening was heaven on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so moved (weeping)... inspired and in AWE of God's faithfulness, love, and peace. I couldn't help but fall in LOVE with Him more truly. WOW. It was one of the best moments of my entire life.
A few other highlights were some of the session talks. What a time of truth - you know, being encouraged in truth. What a time of being spurred on to that which Christ-followers are called to do: make God famous. It was so good.
I also enjoyed learning that in 3.5 days 25,000 college students raised over $660,000. Yes, YOU READ THAT RIGHT. What inspires me about that is this: often we (ignorant adults) sense that college students aren't aware of much outside of themselves (albeit sometimes true). We sometimes sense that college students are merely emotional about social justice and not active. WELL, maybe that astonishing financial figure will continue to spur us all on to radical giving and action. It's like how I feel about young kids: we don't give them enough credit or allow their minds to be empowered. Kids and students...young people, really...are incredible. Incredible as they surrender to an incredible God. I am just floored. WOW.
So, the Passion Conference after an amazing & amazingly relaxing trip @ home....just about the best way to spend time. I am so blessed.
LORD, HELP ME, AS I GET BACK INTO THE GROOVE AGAIN....
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment