I greet you with joy and ask for humblest blessings upon your family this day.
Just about 18 months ago, I moved from the Twin Cities to a northern suburb of Atlanta. The move was in response to a phone call and a Divine call to help begin a ministry for college students. Choose To Invest, Inc. (www.choosetoinvest.org) was founded by Nathanael and Kristin Avery to provide a gap-internship experience founded on principles of spiritual development, servant leadership, and identity in Christ. When I moved, I thought I was going to be a key part of a small movement, and what I have discovered is that I am a small part of a global community.
In my months of exploration and observation of authentic community and individual identity in Christ, I have discovered grace. True Grace. And in that grace, I have heard a beckoning to mentor and join in life with college students as they come to discern their role in the Great Story.
It is also no small miracle that I would traverse overseas to Africa. I am not known for my risk-taking, out-of-door adventuring…but as soon as I met some of the sweet smiles from the Kenyan children, I fell in love. I fell more in love with the Great Big God who created it all. I fell in love with the simplicity of community. I fell in love with the heritage of rich faith in my Kenyan friends. And I am ready to go back – it’s time for me to go back – it’s been just about 16 months since I first was exposed to the beauty of Kenya, Africa!
This summer, in between the school years and just before I celebrate with my sister as she gets married (!!!!), I will be traveling back to Kenya. I will be one of the three, team-leaders as we lead 15-20 college students in the Journey Internship Experience.
Are you interested in supporting this trip? I am inviting your participation. Of all the causes to receive your philanthropic encouragement, I invite you to consider this trip. Why? I ask not for me, but for the future generations who, as a result of Journey 2010, will be called to begin investing in others, into their world & local community, and as a way to resolve this world’s toughest adversities.
o Have you incurred a surge of SkyMiles that you are able to donate as a way to lower the airfare fee?
o Are you willing and able to provide a charitable (and tax deductible) donation to Choose To Invest, Inc.?
o Would you commit to praying for the Journey 2010 team? The internship is from May 21 – July 12, with June 3 – July 3 being the time spent in Kenya! There will be 3 leaders and just about 20 students (we’re still processing a few applications ☺).
o Are you willing and able to provide a charitable (and tax deductible) donation to Choose To Invest, Inc.?
o Would you commit to praying for the Journey 2010 team? The internship is from May 21 – July 12, with June 3 – July 3 being the time spent in Kenya! There will be 3 leaders and just about 20 students (we’re still processing a few applications ☺).
The cost of the trip is approximately $4,200 and just under $500 is due by February 28. You may send your contribution directly to:
Choose to Invest
562 Lakeland Plaza #328
I leave you with this…I believe it to be True:
“When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.”
EPHESIANS 3:14-21
Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, affirmation, and support!
I value you.
IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE I POSTED...
IT'S BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE I HAVE ANNOUNCED MY TRAVELS TO KENYA THIS JUNE. WOW, IT'S BEEN AN EMOTIONAL FEW DAYS. SURE, THESE PAST FEW WEEKS HAVE BEEN EXHAUSTING WITH MY ENDEAVORS FOR SCHOOL AND SUCH. BUT, FEAR OR ANXIETY HAVE CREPT IN FOR SURE, SO I HAVE TO BEAT IT OUT AND AWAY. ;)
I INVITE YOUR PRAYERS: FOR FUNDRAISING, FOR SPIRITUAL READINESS, FOR ENTHUSIASM, FOR CONFIDENCE IN GOD'S PLANNING, FOR PEACE.
IT'S A BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY.
I CANNOT WAIT TO CONTINUE TO SHARE THIS SEASON OF PREPARATION WITH YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment