to hear something is not the same thing, if you ask me. to hear something is to recognize sound waves.
Jesus listened to the voice of His Father. He recognized the sound of it, and he listened. Jesus only did what he listened to from his Father.
John 10:14-18
"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
“Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”
“Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”
John 5:19
"Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner."
John 10:4
"And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice."
John 10:27
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. "
Jesus modeled the principle "obedience for today" because the only obedience was to listen to His Father. Jesus didn't just hear the sound of His Father's voice. He listened and recognized, then obeyed His Father's voice.
Jesus didn't make lists for each day, that i know of, i guess he could have....jesus didn't rise to defend himself all the time. no! jesus listened for his father and then responded...and even when the Voice was offering out tasks that would not pass by, like what jesus prayed for in the garden of gethsemane, jesus still listened and heeded his Father's Voice.
this evidence had me wondering about how well i know the Father's Voice....i am not sure what you hear and then how you listen, but is it a loud shout? an echo? a hiccup? a coffee-talk conversation? a dialogue? a speech? or a monotone list?
the sound of my father's voice is pleasing to my ears. it's friendly. lovely. a dialogue. there is laughter and giggles when we talk, and sometimes tears when what i hear is difficult, like: 'stay home from Africa,' 'please let Me go there--it might hurt a little,' or 'wait,' or 'until...' father's voice, to me, is intimate. and i love to hear him. i am still learning how to listen and listen well.
No comments:
Post a Comment