Thursday, September 1, 2011

~~Detail~~

"I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleanness, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God." Ezekiel 36:25-28

there's a lot of detail here. 
we get a sprinkling of water
cleanliness
a new heart
a new spirit
the roots of a heart of stone will be taken out.
a heart for our bodies will be implanted
the Spirit of the Lord
we will be given a path to walk in Him
the land of our ancestors.
and we will be engrafted into the Uncreated Creator.
Incredible details from Almighty God. 

"Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?"
Romans 6:3


"When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice."
John 10:4

"The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,"
Romans 8:16

 "If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit."
Galatians 5:25


"For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father."
Ephesians 2:18

"Thus it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven."
1 Corinthians 15:45-47

i have been struck with the detail of god lately. both in my life, personally, but also in considering Him and His ways. God is just so...everything. good, winsome, handsome, lovely, pure, holy, creative, provider, gentle friend, magnificent coach...he is causing me to be aware of his ways and his voice. he is expressing himself more fully through me. his name is on my lips more than any other name. 
but, boy, are the revelations of holiness difficult sometimes. the gaps between what he has created me to be and the stature of the flesh now, these gaps don't seem to be small. 

awareness versus growth
knowing verses striving
expressing versus character building
seeing versus looking
listening versus hearing

god seems to choose the elements in the first column. i seem to rotate between two columns. there is part of the gap i feel. 
god is a god of detail and has already given me a new spirit. 
a spirit he promised many years ago through a man named Ezekiel, who spoke intimately with His Creator God. 

No comments: