Tuesday, September 27, 2011

++myfriend++


Jeremiah 24:7

The Message (MSG)

"And I'll give them a heart to know me, God. They'll be my people and I'll be their God, for they'll have returned to me with all their hearts.

I am so struck and so aware these days of the friendship and lovingkindness of God. YES, He is Holy. YES, he is Sovereign. YES, he is Creative and Just. YES, He is pursuing and Great. But His friendship and His Voice, and His tender lovingkindness lately has been rejuvenating and lovely. 
I am just in awe of how attentive The Father is. I mean, he'll listen to my whining or my frustrations. I sense, by His Spirit, the validating of my moment...and then we gently talk through the "issue." There's no condemnation or judgment there, just friendship and conversation. If I am rejoicing over discovery, accomplishment, or freedom, he celebrates with Me by His faithful presence. My friend is extraordinary. 

Psalm 42:1-2

English Standard Version (ESV)
"As a deer pants for flowing streams,

   so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God,
   for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God?"



"When God in Christ hung on the cross and cried, "I THIRST" He was longing for more than water: He thirsts for your love and friendship; he would rather die than not have you with Him. THis is the wonder of the message of covenant. Each of us has been called to intimate friendship with Him, a union that is lived out in our homes, in our classrooms, on the factory floor, and in the office. We do not have to leave society and become religious to enter into intimate relationship with God." Malcolm Smith

Psalm 25:14

The Message (MSG)
"God-friendship is for God-worshipers; They are the ones he confides in."

Jeremiah 24:7
Amplified Bible (AMP)
"And I will give them a heart to know (recognize, understand, and be acquainted with) Me, that I am the Lord; and they will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with their whole heart."

Galatians 4:9

English Standard Version (ESV)
"But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God..."

1 Corinthians 8:3

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
"but if anyone loves God, he is known by Him."

Psalm 25:14

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
"The secret of the LORD is for those who fear Him, And He will make them know His covenant."


"Every believer has been called to such a relationship with God in Jesus Christ and in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. It is this kind of friendship with Him that is potential in our new birth. We were saved from sin for such a relationship. We have been saved out of the world to become friends of God, part of His inner circle of intimates. The new covenant makes it possible to live on the earth as those whose true center and sphere of life is heaven." Malcom Smith

No comments: