The Coming of Christ
instills a bit of whimsy, hope, and awareness in me, this year.
Advent is a time
of anticipation and of “coming, arrival.” But I cannot help spending time in
reflection, considering what has occurred.
Luke 1:37
“For nothing will be impossible with God.”
Remember
Though a foggy
image, I remember who I once was. I know I have been rescued from myself and
from the woes of angst. Miracle of miracles.
I don’t know
about you, but for many years, my own thoughts and my own considerations have
been the enemy of myself. It’s been a strategic battle from the enemy that has
paralyzed me from action, away from relationships, and from being free. The
swirling, the doubt, momentary confidence, the curiosity, the yearning for clarity
and purity of mind; Oh yes, I know that battle.
I remember that
once was dead to life, but I am reminded that a little bitty baby was born with
the heartbeat of heaven, the craving of a Savior, and the triumph as the Lord
of Lords.
This baby is more
handsome than any other baby born. This babe made angels sing choruses, made
stars shine round about, and he has made his home in my heart.
Luke 2:14
“Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
Luke
2:19
“But Mary treasured up all these things,
pondering them in her heart.”
Anticipate
I love the
unveiling and glory in the mire, the muck, and the journey to the heart of
Christ. It’s messy, it’s hard, it’s GOOD.
I love the
unveiling and the groaning as we wait for that which we long for (But TRUST ME, I don’t always behave or feel
as if I really do love these things. I get frustrated, vocal, and even weepy
often). I really do believe God’s word though, when he invites us to pour
out our hearts like water (Lamentations 2:19) and that He will set our feet
upon a high rock (Psalm 18:33).
I love the
unveiling, the anticipation, of Hope. Christ the baby born, He IS hope. He
delivered Hope. For hundreds of years the Israelites were anticipating the
Messiah, the savior, a Hope for their nation.
Joel 3:16
"The Lord
also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the
heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of his people, and the strength
of the children of Israel.”
The more seasons
of advent I encounter, the more days that pass; I grow more and more aware of
my need of a Savior minute by minute. I grow in more anticipation in friendship
with Christ. I desire the salve of a Savior to sink into new layers of my soul.
I desire that the intimacy of friendship with Christ be continuing to inform my
views, actions, and how I love.
Luke 1:46-55
The Magnificat
“And Mary said:
“My soul exalts
the Lord,
And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
“For He has had regard for the humble state of His bondslave;
For behold, from this time on all generations will count me blessed.
“For the Mighty One has done great things for me;
And holy is His name.
“And His mercy is upon generation after generation
Toward those who fear Him.
“He has done mighty deeds with His arm;
He has scattered those who were proud in the thoughts of their heart.
“He has brought down rulers from their thrones,
And has exalted those who were humble.
“He has filled the hungry with good things;
And sent away the rich empty-handed.
“He has given help to Israel His servant, In remembrance of His mercy,
As He spoke to our fathers,
To Abraham and his descendants forever.”
And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
“For He has had regard for the humble state of His bondslave;
For behold, from this time on all generations will count me blessed.
“For the Mighty One has done great things for me;
And holy is His name.
“And His mercy is upon generation after generation
Toward those who fear Him.
“He has done mighty deeds with His arm;
He has scattered those who were proud in the thoughts of their heart.
“He has brought down rulers from their thrones,
And has exalted those who were humble.
“He has filled the hungry with good things;
And sent away the rich empty-handed.
“He has given help to Israel His servant, In remembrance of His mercy,
As He spoke to our fathers,
To Abraham and his descendants forever.”
1 comment:
The adjectives you use are spot on sometimes on this blog! "paralyzed me from action", "The swirling."
Post a Comment