Luke 2:11-14 (NASB)
"for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.”
Babies are some of the most miraculous and incredible creations! I have been privileged to witness two different ultra-sounds of babies in utero. I have actually been a witness to the birth of a little baby boy. I have been giddy, weepy, joy-filled, blessed, honored, and wonder-struck. Biology grants God creative expression, even our bodies cry out of the glory of God!
Babies demand and captivate attention. I have never once regretted spending affectionate time relating to an infant. I have never once disregarded their worth because they only know how to 'need' from me. On the contrary, if I open myself up to risk loving that little one, showing the love of God, or nurturing their life, even but for a brief moment in Kenya, rural Haiti, downtown Minneapolis, in the homes of friends, urban Atlanta, or cuddling with family members; I find that I am the one who has need.
I need Jesus daily.
I need Jesus hourly.
And yet I have never been more confident in his beautiful grace, his buoyant favor, and his adoration.
I need Truth to speak the word of life, not my own understanding.
I need clarity when ideas are swirling and whirling.
I need the lies to minimize and my savior to rise up.
And yet I am reminded by my faithful Father that invites me to arise, walks with me, and urges me from the path behind (Isaiah 60:1, Amos 3:3, Isaiah 30:15-21).
I need an honest answer from myself when I cry out, prostrate on the floor: "What are you fighting for, Kristine?"
I need healing and encouragement and to feel lovely.
I need to know that the risks life & obedience demand of me are worth it.
I need to know that prayers are heard.
And yet I am so so aware of the One who is Faithful and True (Revelation 19:11). I am so so confident in the Creator and the Sovereign Lord for 'beautiful muchness' that flows from His throne (John 1:16).
I have never once wished I hadn't risked sharing love onto a little one. I have never once wished I had sought my Friend less often, found Jesus later, or embraced less of Christ. He has always been worth it. Always. His are the words that give eternal Life. Christ can be known. I'd like to live more and more of my minutes letting him know me.
John 6:68-69 (NASB)
"Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life. We have believed and have come to know that You are the Holy One of God.”
No comments:
Post a Comment