Monday, November 3, 2008

:)

The countdown is almost to one hand: 8 days until Kenya. It seems that I have been punctuating my life recently with countdowns to something new. And going to Kenya is definitely something new. It's an adventure I welcome, an adventure that I DESPERATELY want to be open to as part of God's Story. I want Kenya to be an experience that consumes my heart for the stories of God. I want to rejuvenate my soul by observing His story. I want to hear the Heart of God by seeing the things that grieve and honor His heart. I want to rejoice with those who rejoice and celebrate with those who celebrate. I want to mourn with those who mourn. I want to return to the place of confidence in my identity within God. I am so grateful that there is a journey that we can hope for and endure and rejoice with. YAHOO! I am only slightly worried that I will be ill - only slightly worried that I will get carsick beyond my wildest imagination - only slightly worried that my expectations will not be met - only slightly worried that I will leave people w/ less clarity and application of their story in God than they already have - only slightly worried about the lack of sleep, abundance of bugs/dirt/heat.

I have accepted a part time position as a nanny - 5 week old baby girl. LOVE that age! :) I have sought out many places for added work. We'll see how God will provide. Maybe I will have to work @ Target during the holiday season! :) 

I have attached photos of some recent fun!










 

No comments: