I will not be able to explain or express what my time in Kenya meant to me. For a few reasons:
1) I am so tired and wiped out from my time overseas.
2) I am not sure that I can communicate what happened to me and within me.
3) Being that it was not exactly what I expected and yet very much what I tried to prepare myself to see, I think I need some time to process and sort my thoughts.
The summary version is this: Grand, Difficult, Awesome, Lovely, Joyful, Challenging, Inspiring, Enlightening, Fun, Grateful, Sore, Sad, Beautiful, and Divine.
I fed giraffes, saw warthogs, ate goat, drank fresh milk straight from the cow, walked through weeds, prayed for those who had less than nothing, tired African White Tea, ate eggs plucked from the hen house 30 minutes before, held babies, loved on kids, taught, learned, sang, cried, smiled, tried chapatti, spoke Swahili, prayed, attended Sunday school with preschoolers, saw zebra in their authentic climate, a camel, got bitten by mosquitoes, played cards, saw spiders too huge for human eyes, ate truly fresh pineapple, drank African coffee, saw monkeys, washed my hands, took pictures, held hands with kids who had never seen a mzungu (white person), laughed, played, prayed, sang, enjoyed the company of some amazing African people, delighted in new friendships with American people, made a movie, saw disease, drove by the largest slum in the world, drank Coke Light (SO GOOD), prayed, journaled, sang, learned, taught, read stories, improvised some games, got very dirty, took showers in unclean water, learned new versions of American games (instead of duck duck goose - we made up Ndovu Ndovu Simba (elephant, elephant, lion)), appreciated American roadways as I truly bumped up and down the Kenyan roads, took pictures of the Great Rift Valley, bought some authentic Kenyan gifts, stayed in hotels, sprayed bug spray, enjoyed the perfume of Deet, prayed, learned, taught, laughed, slept (some), held a chicken, saw monkeys in their real life, stayed healthy -- Overall, it was a great experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am back with less clarity about the will of God for my life than before I left. That is okay. It could just be that I am so tired. :) I will keep you posted. :)
I will post more and include some pictures. Thanks for reading. Thanks for praying for the team.
We were blessed and honored by your prayers. And I invite you to continue to pray for me and the the community of believers!
LOVE to you!
Mungu myema, mungu myema, mungu myema yumyema kwangu.
Honestly, I forgot what this means, but it is something about how God is good today and He is good to us!
2 comments:
well stated...can't wait to talk to you more about your vacation (ha, big BIG HA). SOOO glad to hear you stayed healthy.
Glad you are home and that you are safe and healthy. Looking forward to the pictures and more stories.
Post a Comment