Yesterday I had the distinct privilege to participate in two North Point events. The first was UpStreet - I was the host for the Kindergarten and First Graders. Boy, am I a total dork: we spelled WISDOM (in YMCA style), we lifted our hands or feet if we loved ice cream, chicken nuggets, or UpStreet. And then I told them that they could call me Chicken Nugget. They thought I was funny. I had so much fun! Then I got to help tell the Bible Story -- we were talking about Esther's wisdom as she approached the King to plead for their safety. I got to play all of the parts: King, Hamaan, Esther, some other palace girls.... Again, kids thought I was funny.
The second event that reminded me of life change was Family Birthday Celebration! That event is for kids that have said YES to Jesus. They get baptized as a public celebration of their personal commitment to follow God. Some dad's got to baptize their daughters. Some mommies got to be baptized with their daughters. It REALLY was a family birthday celebration! It's amazing to hear stories of people who were going in one direction and then God's whispers caused them to TURN into another direction. I hope I never get sick of hearing about it and witnessing the tears of joy, laughter wrinkles and water droplets that change lives!
It's real...it's infectious...it's true....it's amazing...and it's for all of us!
Praise God!
No comments:
Post a Comment