



I might be bias. I might even be bragging too much. But I am so thrilled and humbled by the work of Kristin and Nathanael Avery that I just think YOU HAVE TO check it out! Not only did they make the life changing call to me, as God led, but they are responding to their own calling to follow hard after Him by signing on with The 410 Bridge as official partners, but they are taking students on the first Invest Experience this summer.
What is the INVEST EXPERIENCE?
This summer college students or young adults will gather together to go to Camp Highland for a long weekend away to generate solidarity and team unity. They'll be camping out, ropes courses, initiatives, and other activities that people do out of doors (I am all for them doing it; ME, I am still gathering an appreciation for Mother Nature).
Then, they will spend 18 days in Kenya. They will divide their time between KwambeKenya and Joska (two communities that I have personally visited). They will serve and lead. They will learn, and grow. It's amazing what God will lead Kristin and Nathanael to bring upon these students AND where God will just show up.
Then the students will return for a long weekend of debriefing the experience and their transformation.
Here's what I know:
*Though they would not want me to say these things, K and N are some of the most prayerful leaders I know. I am being taught by them just through observing.
*K and N are KEENLY passionate about authentic leadership: It WILL be in them before they make it a value of Invest and expect others to follow. That doesn't mean they are perfect, just that they won't ask something they won't do themselves.
*K and N are keenly passionate about following hard after what God wants, so things could change daily, yearly, and momentarily in the implementation of what God will do with Invest.
So, here's what I want you to consider:
Who do you know: that could gain experience, God-confidence, a greater perspective, and travel miles by joining K and N on this trip? CALL that person and tell them to check out the website for more information on the trip. It's going to be OFF-THE-WALL-WHACKED-OUT-AWESOME.
It is radical, but if I can do it, than so can anyone you know. I had NO desire to get shots, get dirty, be near disease, or in the heat of Kenya, sleep on an airplane for a long time... I was seriously content with doing ministry to those in this country. But I have to tell you, I thrived far more than I would have imagined in my trip. I was not car sick ONCE. Not once. I fell in love with the kids from "Jambo." Though I went through an entire can of "OFF WOODS" bug spray (40% Deet) on my own (I sprayed windows, pillows, sheets, mosquito nets, and door frames - I was intense and a bit overboard), I made it. Though I was not the most flexible teammate, I know that God worked through me and gained glory because I just tried.
So, I am biased, I know it. Kristin and Nathanael have showered love on me, encouragement, prayers, grace, and friendship. It's humbling and a HUGE blessing. So of course I am biased to their strength of character, but they are a force to be reckoned with because they have THE FORCE as their Source of Energy.
Scroll down to the second header to see the Journey College Internship
No comments:
Post a Comment