Thursday afternoon I went to the local Subaru car dealership to get my car looked at. I was expecting a basic repair on my drive belt. Per my recent "luck with cars" this was only part of the repairs recommended for my TOMA, 1997 Subaru Outback. NOPE, $2000 worth of repairs are needed. And I just put in $3000. I am so sad and frustrated. The car is worth no more than $2200...So, I have begun the mental process of researching cars and balancing my check book to decipher which is the wise choice: pay the bill of repairs to avoid a car payment? or avoid more credit debt and purchase a new vehicle? EAK. I am so desperate to be debt free and live my life with wisdom and financial peace...of course this distraction would occur. Though spring-time is a fun time to be car shopping and test driving, I am not in a place to own a new car.
What maybe makes me saddest about this is the stress this thinking has inflicted upon me during this Easter weekend. I have been distracted by budgeting, processing, APR's, and other things I don't like and am not good at.
But I have had fabulous conversations and inspiring moments with others:
**In thinking about the supreme agony of Mary, Jesus' mother. Often we pray against the pain of losing a child - but Mary did in the most grievous way.
**Reflecting on the pain Jesus went through to rescue fools like me from the agony during this life and ensuring an eternity of pure ecstasy.
**Processing the fact that, in one of the gospels, Pilate turns to the crowd FOUR TIMES to tell them that he saw no reason to crucify him. How conflicted Pilate must have been! Four Times he wanted to release Jesus into freedom because he could not tell what was wrong, but each time he gave in to the crowd's cry.
It's a gorgeous day here in GA. And I think I am going to set aside my stress and go into reflection and surrender mode. After all, God knows things we cannot know!!!
Bless God-
K
No comments:
Post a Comment