Tuesday, April 28, 2009

To Do List got changed.

1) Wake up and get ready
2) Get in rented Corolla (Toma is being repaired) for the drive to Jaycee and Jack's house.
3) Play, re-direct, feed, change, laugh, work, eat, re-direct, and clean up after Jaycee and Jack for a few hours or so.
4) Meet Carolyn
5) Get Car back after a somewhat costly repair.

But it all went awry RIGHT from the beginning!

1) Wake up to excruciating pain in my upper abdomen.
2) bemoan to self about the pain that I was feeling.
3) Eat a granola bar to see if that would help the feeling.
4) Call Jen and tell her about the dilemma. She excused me from work today.
5) SKIP
6) SKIP
7) SKIP
8) I fell back to sleep (lightly) for awhile.
9) I got hungry, so I ate some cereal.
10) Lounged around to see how things would transpire.
11) Got the call that the car would not be done today, but did get informed that it very well could be less than the other price I was quoted.
12) Met Carolyn - both of us highly distracted by the ambulance and EMT officials helping a wounded individual.
13) here I am.

I chose to skip over a few steps to spare you the details and to spare me the embarassment. ;) All that to say, I thought I was going to meet Jesus today. Pain was so awful. I may not have a high pain tolerance, but....EWWWW....

Anyway, I missed out on a gorgeous day outdoors, but I did get the chance to get some volunteer work done. And all I want now is a cup of coffee and some ice cream. Nice extremes, huh?

No comments: