Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Celebrating.

525,600 minutes ago - what were you doing? Don't sing the song, if you know it ... but truly what were you doing a year ago today?

A year ago today, at this minute, I was flying in an airplane for my second-ever international trip and first ever time in Africa. WOW. I celebrate this anniversary and celebrate that I have friends in Africa. I have people on my heart in Africa. I celebrate that the trip to Africa was a transformational step in the process of my life. I celebrate that my eyes saw new things, my heart felt new pitter-patters, and that the scales of life would come tumbling down. I celebrate that it was the kickstart to a solid relationship with CHOOSE TO INVEST. I celebrate that it might have been the end of all that I knew...about myself, about my heart, about friendship, about truth, about significance, about what matters, about clarity, about vulnerability, about authenticity, leadership, prayer.....wow.

In other celebration, Reuben turned six this past weekend. He told us on Saturday evening, "We know I am six, but I still feel like 5." Where do kids come up with that stuff? So funny! I love telling Reuben about the day he was born. Such another momentous occasion - seeing new LIFE and instantly feeling love. (wow.someday i will experience another level of that parental-type-love.)

CELEBRATING. CELEBRATING. CELEBRATING. the students at school. bristol oaks in general. new friends. prayer. vision. working with amazing people. parents. a new approach to education. living in georgia. travel. megan's wedding. CELEBRATING. CELEBRATING. CELEBRATING.

No comments: