Do not judge me, yet. Laugh with me first.
Over the holiday weekend I saw two "kids movies" in the theatres. I use the " " because one assuredly was not appropriate for kids: Fantastic Mr. Fox. SO many poor morals, SO many things that seemed disconnected from Kid-World. But it DID begin a fun joke between Nathanael, Kristin, and I. Instead of editing the inappropriate language in the movie, the characters say, "Cuss;" as in:
What the cuss are you talking about?
Don't be a little cuss.
Cuss, Yeah.
I am one who believes in the power of words and I tend to avoid provocative language. It's a personal conviction. You go on as you do. BUT, I find this replacement of "cuss" with the actual language to be HILARIOUS (in a juvenile way). It has brought many-a-smile to my face. :)
Miami hosts a solid Thanksgiving. We had a great time laughing, playing, thinking, talking, visiting, and soaking up the wonderful weather. I love LOVE observing family traditions, family dynamics, and even diving into a family rhythm.
I am blessed. Great Friends. Wonderful People. New Memories.
In case you are curious, OLD DOGS is a highly entertaining film. And probably not that bad at all for kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment