Psalm 66:16 (NASB)
"Come and hear, all who fear God,
And I will tell of what He has done for my soul."
Footnotes:
Psalm 66:16 Or revere
"Come and hear, all who fear God,
And I will tell of what He has done for my soul."
Footnotes:
Psalm 66:16 Or revere
One year ago, I was in Haiti as a teacher at Legacy Academy and a leader within Choose to Invest. I was living with the Carr's in their spare room. I was in the beginning phases of discipleship counseling.
The year before that, I was teaching Bible and American Lit/American History, living in the spare room @ the Avery's. We were gearing up for our sophomore year of the Journey Internship, and I was getting ready to be in Kenya for 5 weeks.
The year before that, I was working as a nanny and continuing to adjust to new life, living in Atlanta.
The year before that I was the Early Childhood Pastor at Eagle Brook Church in Minnesota.
These have been some of my circumstances over the last few years. And God has been amidst each step.
But let me tell you what He has done for me and done for you:
+He has brought me up out of the miry clay
Psalm 40:2 (NASB): "He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm"
+He saw me as I was, loved what He saw and brought me to a new haven
Romans 5:8 (AMP): "But God shows and clearly proves His [own] love for us by
the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) died for us."
Romans 5:21 (AMP) :: "So that, [just] as sin has reigned in death, [so] grace (His unearned and undeserved favor) might reign also through righteousness (right standing with God) which issues in eternal life through Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) our Lord."
Ephesians 1:3-4 (NASB): "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him."
+The life I was living was my own, but now I have his.
Galatians 2:20 (NASB): "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."
+I am loved, deeply
Jeremiah 31:3 (NASB):: "The LORD appeared to him from afar, saying, “I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness."
+He has given me everything - when I dislike(d) my own self, because "ICK!" was all I thought...He showed me radiance.
Psalm 34:5 (NASB):: "They looked to Him and were radiant, And their faces will never be ashamed."
+I was given abundant grace to remain. just. as. I. am.
John 10:4 (NASB): "When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice."
Habakkuk 2:3 (NASB): “For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it (C)will not delay.
Philippians 1:6 (NASB) : "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus"
+I have a Friend, Counselor, Healer, Leader, Shepherd, Pastor, Teacher,
Deuteronomy 29:29 (NASB)“The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but (B)the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law."
All things come through Him and From Him and For Him (Romans 11:36)...and I am praising God that He is continuing to show Himself to be Eternally, Abundantly, and Extravagantly present in the lives of His people.
Today, I celebrate just about a year in a great apartment with great neighbors, and a splendid roommate.
AND...Tomorrow morning I start a new job! Can you believe it? I am having a "week" of mourning and thinking and praying and crying...I miss the interns. I love them. So much. It's surreal. But I am GLORIOUSLY crying out to the Lord in 9,000ways to thank Him for new opportunity. He has done this. I have been hired by WellSpring Living as the Assessment Center Director, where I will work with women (short term and long term) who are needing restoration, hope, and rehabilitation out of the sex industry, abusive situations, or addictions. I am quite excited about discipling, counseling, leading, serving, learning, managing, growing....and likely much more. This is just one more thing that God has done in my life - things I didn't see coming and have said in the past that I wasn't sure I ever wanted to be a part of - I love how Good and Strategic and Profound He is.
Praise Our God - He is good!
Think about it. What has He done for you?
Psalm 136: 1-5 (ESV) His Steadfast Love Endures Forever:: "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of gods, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the Lord of lords, for his steadfast love endures forever; to him who alone does great wonders, for his steadfast love endures forever; to him who by understanding made the heavens, for his steadfast love endures forever;"
No comments:
Post a Comment