Sunday, May 17, 2009

Anamoly

Chik Fil A. Chik Fil A is a fast food delicacy. Yes that is both an anamoly and an oxy-moron, I realize this. But it's hard to describe the enjoyment, solidarity, unity, and loyalty. All from a place that tells us to: EAT MORE CHIKIN. :)

There are not any Chik Fil A's in MN, and that is a sad thing. I have only seen them in the South (both east and west). Someday I hope that my retreats back home will not be deprived of sharing a meal over waffle fries and lemonade. :) It's quite incredible the customer satisfaction and loyalty that Chik Fil A stirs here in the area. Yes, the corporate is located here in ATL, so that generates a bit of brand loyalty. But the drive thru between 12-1 is always long and the marketing is always funny and we ALL wish that it was open on Sundays (albeit all of us are grateful for the integrity of their original vision) for a lemonade and chikin fingers. :)

The "Southerners" that I have met or observed are avid fans of their teams: Bull Dawgs mouse pads, Bull Dawg lawn ornaments, Bull Dawg door mats, Bull Dawg flags, and Bull Dawg bumper stickers. Georgia Tech antenna caps, window clings, screen names, stickers, tshirts on their dogs, and the list goes on. It's not that there are not radical Vikings, Twins, or Packer fans (um, HELLO, it's cold in the winter and we're all Scandinavians who paint our team colors on us - could it LOOK any more paste-y?) in MN, but maybe it's that it is more widespread around here, more obvious, more blatant. I am working on a theory here, folks. It's an observation, and probably a dramatic one @ that.

I am not usually a fan of "fast food" but I appreciate the quality, enjoyment, and umbrella with which the Chik Fil A team works. I love Chik Fil A. :)

Here is a video of a guy who loves Chik Fil A, click on it or cut and paste it in your browser bar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsJHqstPuNo

1 comment:

Becky G said...

Awesome video! I wish we had Chick-fil-A here! You make me hungry!! :) Enjoy some waffle fries, nuggets and a lemonade for me!! love you dear