Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Dad and My Papa

My dad and my Papa (mom's dad) served a tour of duty for our country! My dad was stationed in Korea during Vietnam. My Papa was part of the kitchen duty during WWII (forgive me, but I am not 100% sure this is right). Both men are owed my gratitude for allowing me the freedom's I have today. Not only did they cultivate freedom, independence, and acceptance in their own families, but they honored their country - and people they'll never know - by serving to protect the foundations of our country: life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They are my favorite protectors and warriors...and I remember Papa with fondness, because I don't get to hug him anymore. He has gone on. But to my dad, I raise my arms for a hug (I like this better than toasting a CHEERS!). And I say THANK YOU, to each and everyone who sacrificed, summoned courage, and rose to defend.

No comments: