We even checked the weather to see how things would hold up in Atlanta @ Turner Field: Rain. And possible Thunderstorms.
So, we also packed some large plastic table cloths, umbrellas, and rain coats. When we were walking in I thought for sure we would be over-prepared. Whew!
Well, we got to the Field and found ourselves parking in a parking lot with a LOT of tailgating parties. So, we promptly joined in the fun. We had no grill, or hot dogs, (or beer, that some might enjoy @ a tailgating party), but had a short party together! Then we set out for the hike to the field.
One of the first goals stated was that we should get on the JumboTron. Now, I have no desire to be larger than life on a screen - even if I may like to be "seen." Well, Alex, Reuben, and Matteo made the screen! And later on Reuben would be caught on the screen during the game - memory makers!
We went through the Cartoon Network's play area and then hiked to our seats. I have yet to mention that we had NOSEBLEED seats! We were way up in the upper upper balcony but we were right behind home plate. That gave us the view of the Atlanta skyline, JumboTron, and of course, the Chik Fil-A Cow. :)
Well, the rain didn't hold out. We saw the clouds coming and heard the thunder. What an adventure. We were sitting underneath the "partial roof thingie." That didn't protect us from the rain that caught up in the wind, but we were laughing. The delay lasted for just over an hour or so, but it was enough time to alert some of the kids, watch them eat most of the snacks, and humidify our hair (curly hair + rain = frizziness).
We had a great time - I think Christian enjoyed celebrating his 9th birthday (on Monday) watching baseball (a sport he is quite good at for his age) and with his best friend McCall!
I had fun - man, I do LOVE baseball! And spending time laughing with fun folks, is a great way to spend a day!
1 comment:
AAAAA-O-AAAAA-O-AAAAA-O (CHOP, CHOP)
We had such a BLAST 'Tine! Thank you for making a 9-year-old boy's dream come true and to "take us out to the BALL GAME!" (as the song goes). We LOVE you!!!!
AAAAA-O-AAAAA-O-AAAAA-O (CHOP, CHOP)
Post a Comment