Thursday, August 13, 2009

4 2day

Yesterday I had a great discussion around the dining room table. Sometimes sitting @ tables for a discussion feels so formal, other times it's just right. We each had our laptops open and were wracking through some strategic thinking. Then the discussion turned personal - hey, that's authentic community.

I remember saying that I have a few things in front of me to do - to work for - to be about. But if I had to choose only ONE thing, which one would I choose? Which one do I feel most passionate about? I don't know. I cannot tell you how odd that is - to still be so blind to what it is I should be doing....Harumph, is what I want to say. But, then as we continued talking, the phrase came up: "Obedience for today." I haven't visited that phrase recently...but that is truly what I have to be about: obedience for today. I know that in 10 days, I'll have some classes and a role as a teacher, but what do I have right here right now? I know that I have things I can put my "hands and feet" to, but what is here right now? Obedience for today. What's the one thing - the thing that makes you lean forward - the only thing? I have no clue [still] but I know what I have right here and right now. And I am going to remain committed and prayerful to those things. Obedience for today.

No comments: