Crisis in Norcross, of the miniature kind. Such was the dilemma of the day - all day. After an rapid two week vacation, on and off, Jaycee and Jack were returned to my care all out of sorts. What random schedule they had, was all but eradicated. I enjoy structure for kids, so I became frazzled with the elusive behavior of the week. It definitely came to a pinnacle today. I wanted to cry - which would have made three of us - both baby boys were SCREAMING and SHRILLING with tears and teething. It was awful. I could hardly leave the room without cooing either of their names. I was up and down chasing them away from the light sockets (they even climb and pinch to remove the socket plugs). My little three year old creative kiddo decided that she wanted to be a baby today too. I couldn't stop her. So, she imitated just about all of what the boys were doing with submissions of her own three-year-old-self-centered-sassiness. Naptime is my favorite set of sequential moments. But today it was no-less-than-hellish. Again with the SCREAMING and SHRILLING - not even Brahms or Mozart could soothe or silence the bebes. One went down, the other needed to be held. And held. If not held, continued the SCREAMING and SHRILLING. By this time I am slightly nutty. Finally, he fell asleep. For 20 minutes. Then his crying, at his own movement, woke up my other little buddy. Naptime sufficiently over, except my sleeping three year old darlin'. I was both frustrated that neither boy would sleep and completely ambushed by angst towards myself.
When our Heavenly Father observes us exhibiting infantile behavior, do you think He feels angst too? I mean, for me, I have the same struggles over and over with impatience patience and lack of self-control, to name a couple. Abba God, in His Divine Sovereignty, must ache with righteousness at the repetitive antics I exhibit despite the saintly identity He has offered me. The TRUTH is I have victory. The TRUTH is that if God is for me, so nobody can be against me. The TRUTH is the end is already been decided. The TRUTH is I am a saint. The TRUTH is there is a King who desires to lavish His love upon me. I needn't trifle with such unsubstantiated things like: impatience, instant gratification, self-sufficiency, accomplishments, or self-centeredness. I have the capacity, because of Whose Spirit lives within me, to live out the fruits like: love, joy, goodness, patience, kindness, self-control, peace, or faithfulness.
"Better today than yesterday, better tomorrow than today."
No comments:
Post a Comment