I think Jesus looked up a lot: Mark 7:34, John 17:1, Acts 7:55...
When Jesus "looked up to heaven" in Mark 6:41, that phrase is translated as "recover sight" in Luke 4:18. Recover sight - I love this image...to gain again, to participate one more time in the process of seeing rightly, walk away from blindness.
As followers of Christ, we can absolutely participate in this elevated perspective quite often, as it is where we are seated with Him:
Ephesians 2:6 "and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,"
So, I ask myself, "am I clinging to my point of view, or have I looked up to heaven and asked God to recover my sight?"
It's like renewing my mind...The Spirit does it unto me, I think. However, I come to the table with avid and intentional listening heart. "What's here for me, Lord?"
I am not sure where heaven is located, but I am quite aware that looking up reminds me of how small I am, and how vast God is. It reminds me that when I glance at things FROM up above, I am able to gain a new elevated perspective. When we rise up from outside of the situation, we can see the situation much differently.
I don't want to just look at, I want to see again.
I don't want to just observe, I want to take note with my eyes.
And I want to lock eyes with the One who set forth each moment, who is sitting right beside me, as Lord Over All; and I want Him to continue to show off his own grandness. when he does, i will give an ovation.
No comments:
Post a Comment