Thursday, November 3, 2011

[radiant] FREEdom

Psalm 34 (MSG)

"I bless God every chance I get; my lungs expand with his praise.
I live and breathe God;
   if things aren't going well, hear this and be happy:
 Join me in spreading the news;
   together let's get the word out.
God met me more than halfway,
   he freed me from my anxious fears.

Look at him; give him your warmest smile.
   Never hide your feelings from him.
When I was desperate, I called out,
   and God got me out of a tight spot.
God's angel sets up a circle
   of protection around us while we pray.

Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see—
         how good God is.
   Blessed are you who run to him.
Worship God if you want the best;
   worship opens doors to all his goodness.
Young lions on the prowl get hungry,
   but God-seekers are full of God.
Come, children, listen closely;
   I'll give you a lesson in God worship.
Who out there has a lust for life?
   Can't wait each day to come upon beauty?
Guard your tongue from profanity,
   and no more lying through your teeth.
Turn your back on sin; do something good.
   Embrace peace—don't let it get away!
God keeps an eye on his friends,
   his ears pick up every moan and groan.
God won't put up with rebels;
   he'll cull them from the pack.
Is anyone crying for help? God is listening,
   ready to rescue you.

If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there;
   if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath.
 Disciples so often get into trouble;
   still, God is there every time.

He's your bodyguard, shielding every bone;
   not even a finger gets broken.
The wicked commit slow suicide;
   they waste their lives hating the good.  God pays for each slave's freedom;
   no one who runs to him loses out. 
 

2 Corinthians 3:17 (AMP)

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom)."

Lamentations 3:22-24 (AMP)

"It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness. The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him."

Zephaniah 3:17 (AMP)

"The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing."

I know what love is, because Jesus had arms wide open. 
I know what love is, because Jesus became The Sacrificial Lamb for us all.  For me.
I know what love is, because the King says my name. 
I know what love is, because His blood was His Own Glory.
I know what love is, because He is the Same Yesterday, Today, and Forever. 
I know what love is, because He is Yahweh. 
I know what love is, because He knows my name.
I know what love is, because He gave us life. Me, life. 
I know what love is, because He loves. 
I know what love is, because He granted us freedom. Me, freedom.
I know what love is, because of Him. 


No comments: