Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas in GA part 2 #heyMomandDad

My mom and dad sent me a pair of Ash-colored TOMS for Christmas, so to commemorate the Journey I had this Christmas here In GA, I wore those shoes for the past few days, wherever holiday festivities took me. 
Mom and Dad, here is how I spent this Holiday - Megan, You gotta try baked Brie and fruit preserves. :)


 Christmas Celebrating, December 22
 
Nobody I know can share shoes with me besides Jennifer....She is a gift to me and she sparkles with radiance more than this shoe is here. 

This cutie-patootie loves to share his life with me - he was describing something incredible he made!

Skillet baked Biscuits - a true Southern Woman's recipe, baking technique - they were SO good!

Grits. Grits with butter. For reals.

 Christmas Morning Breakfast with the Carr's and Aunt Kathy


Christmas Eve
King and Queen. An Atlanta-Perimeter signature - AND on my route to Church. 

Midtown/Downtown Atlanta - a view from the parking lot by Passion City Church


 I got the opportunity to serve/greet on Christmas Eve at church - it was a blessing to welcome attenders to worship Jesus, the baby.


Look Mom, I can bend funny...WHY DID I DO THAT? But I am wearing my shoes! :)
But, Hey Mary London and Ali are two dear gems in my life- former Journey Interns and now friends and sojourners with Jesus. So excited I got to hug them on Christmas at church!

My feet and I went to Lynda's house, 10pm on Christmas Eve and I promptly ate some shrimp cocktail, holiday candies and had a great time...for about 25 minutes until I realized how tired I was. And so was Lynda.

 Decor!

Christmas Day!
I woke up at 930 and had a fabulous time with Jesus and a latte before this happened: 

The Breakfast spread with the Palmer's. What a treat to join the family of five, my neighbors and dear friends the Palmer's for breakfast brunch. We had egg casserole, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage links, ham, and:::

 Baked Brie with Fruit preserves. Who doesn't love fancy, melty cheese on some crackers for breakfast?! SO tasty!
We talked about Palmer family holiday traditions and we giggled at quite a few stories. I was also able to share some of my family's memories.
 My roommate's dog. Yup, he's wearing a santa suit. 

Kayla and me. She's sporting santa socks. That girl's got swag!

 Then, it was LUNCH with the Avery's and Moore's in Braselton. 
What a treat to spend such a day with such fabulous and fine people. 



A gift I was blessed with - am excited to learn how to make soups and roasts...or other meals that I will eat. :) 

Ali and I.

Benj, Cate, Me and Titus. With such treasures like these guys how could a lady be alone or feel unloved. God is good!

Wendt Family Traditions - MOVIES. Not sure what Mom and Dad saw today - tried to coordinate to the same movie.
I saw "WE BOUGHT A ZOO" and was still crying when I left the theatre. The story was filled with tension, wrestling, courage, adventure, comedy, animals (snakes!), and healing. And family.

I am grateful for my family - mom and dad and megan and bob and nana. Thank you for "sharing me" even when you don't choose it. ;)
But I am also grateful for the family that extend beyond heritage...the family that includes me and loves me. that welcomes me into their routines. For dear ones, special ones, that honor me with their compassion and care, for the conversations that are life-giving and giggly...no matter the topic. God is so generous.
I am blessed by the adventure that this life is - the joy that the Lord of Lords brings to me and the gifts of living this life in such a way that allows Him in. He is compelling.
I know too much - I cannot turn back.

No comments: