I
don’t really know the steps in starting up a business. I have done quite a bit
of non profit work, including co-founding Choose to Invest (surely that should
help), and supporting a new school, and re-engineering aspects of a children’s
ministry program, and launching a new church campus. But starting a business?
Not so sure what to do.
So
where am I at?
Emotionally
and Mentally, I am:: Content. With Peace. Aware. Listening. Present. Engaged in
the moments.
Logistically
and Practically::
- Business cards have been designed (again, major shout out to Megan Wendt Photo and Design) and have been ordered – they are en route. I envision that these will be casually (and not so casually) placed at many varying locales in the area.
- I have secured the web domain name. But am waiting on timing to launch the web. Do you know how to design a template or design a website? Yeah, me neither. Yep, I have ideas for it… I am pretty okay at ideas: a blog, vision, mission, resources etc…but making a website is another story.
- I am going to open up a business bank account. Because well, yeah that is important. Not sure which bank, I mean, really when have I thought about this before now?
- School starts tomorrow and I get to teach a few courses! I am so beyond excited to be around kids, high schoolers, and families again. Preparing well for this upcoming school year and school week has been a major component of how my time has been spent this week.
- I also get to do a bit of consulting, leading, or admin items at the school. What a gift to be included, invited, and engaged with families, students, and Truth.
- I have investors! Rather, God does! More than one, how undeserving I feel to be encouraged this way!! …oh Lord, how good you are. What a gift to be seen, affirmed, and a witness to Your Story right here...
- What’s missing? Likely a lot. But mainly what’s missing is the people I will get to counsel. Oh I am so excited to meet them. I am excited to serve them, and get in the miry clay, or life journey with them.
- So what’s next?
o
Just
getting the word out to people -- students, young adults, peers, families – that there are options for
counseling and that I may have a few tools in my toolbox.
o
Systems
and forms for the intake of counseling clients
o
Teach
well this week.
o
Bank
account
o
Prayer!!!
What
a blessing this new adventure is – I love that I didn’t manufacture it, but rather saw a path before me. And ultimately, it’s one that God has
been preparing before me for awhile!! I don’t feel panicked, anxious, or anything
beyond curious and aware. There is much I don’t know and much that does require
some answers. However, I am not compelled to strive nor manage the
consequences. I am purposing to be present and be engaged.
While
this doesn’t always feel super easy, I am confident and peaceful.
I
lean into this Truth today::
1 Chronicles 22:19
(ESV)
“Now
set your mind and heart to seek the Lord your God. Arise and build the
sanctuary of the Lord God, so that the ark of the covenant
of the Lord and the holy vessels of God may be brought into a house built for
the name of the Lord.”

No comments:
Post a Comment