I have been saying that this phase of life, this transition, is a pilgrimage. Up until now, I haven't searched what that word actually means. I did today.
And then yesterday as I was pondering these kinds of things: What does it mean to understand the will of God in EACH AREA of life? How does one discern God's will (Scripture is a good place to start)? I then began to consider that maybe all of life is designed to be a pilgrimage. I mean, life is a journey, is it not? And if God is real and I believe Him to be; AND if God is real and is who He says He is - the Author of the Universe - then my whole life should be a journey whose purpose is of His Exalted Significance. Each of our lives are filled with purpose, just not all of us see it. And those of us who claim Christ's Authority over our lives, our purpose should be Exalted - just as He is exalted. Our purpose should be that which brings God glory. That might include home-school, or being a hair stylist, maybe it's public school, or a road kill scraper, a dad, a hockey player, a teacher, a police officer, a missionary, or pastor, author, doctor, either chiropractic care or M.D. care, computer programmer, or athlete. God can be exalted through rock music, hymns, Christmas carols, country music, or opera. God is not limited to one genre. God is just not limited, period. And because of that limitlessness, He can say things like:
"I will not forget you. Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands." Isaiah 49:15-16
"Draw Near to God and He will draw near to you." James 4:8
"Be Still and Know that I am God..." Psalm 46:10
"Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105
I am on a pilgrimage, but the truth is, it isn't this phase of life. It IS my WHOLE life. I am praying that my heart is worthy of a life illustrating the exultation of God. I am praying for the will of God. It could mean not getting married, not having kids. It could mean living in Italy (oh, bummer), or never traveling again. It could mean becoming a farmer's wife or living in Kenya. I don't know. But right now, I am praying that the pure Love of God can show through my words, my heart, and my reaction to circumstances. I am not perfect - never have I claimed to be. But I am me. And the limitless and perfect King of the Universe, my own Heavenly Father, my Eternal Abba (daddy) is phenomenal to me. I am so thrilled that I am His and my Beloved is mine....

On a lighter note, here are some funny quotes from my recent past:
"Do you need some love from the Love Bug?"
"I want the elves to make a wonderful candy cane obstacle course in my bedroom. Yes, that would be good."
When asked about marriage, a six year old said: "I can't start my life over. And I don't know where to find the girls."
"This is funner than Recess."
No comments:
Post a Comment