I got my car back today. YUP, finally after 10 days and $2200 later, good ole Toma is back in my hands. Boy, did I miss him! I kept the mechanics "late" and they left as soon as I paid. Well, I began to drive away and it was making this horrible sound! I called dad, again the mechanic car guy in my life, and he guided me to crawl under the wheel well. And long story and details and MUCH DRAMA later, I FIXED MY OWN CAR. Okay, so I just hit and bent something but, I FIXED IT MYSELF. Go me. :D
So I guffawed. In my last post, I referred to my dad as "just dad." The thing is, he isn't just dad. And is probably the only one who would have noticed, maybe not. ANYWAY, he isn't just dad. I guess I have always thought of myself as a daddy's girl. I have always thought of him as someone who encouraged me to dream big dreams and explore those dreams. I mean, he put RENEE ST. CROIX in lights for my high school graduation party. I had always wanted my name in lights. So, there it went. A pretty creative and generous thing for a father to do for his daughter. And our story continues...he has a LIST of movies that he and I should see when I am in MN next week.
The nice thing about living far away from home is that everyone is always glad to see you! That cannot hurt the ego. I am definitely excited to see my friends and family! And for a short night or two in the snow.
Even though life is quite chaotic for me right now, the thought has not crossed my mind that I should move back to MN. I am looking forward to a discussion with Kristin and Nathanael in the near future about their continued vision and prayer and future for INVEST. We haven't really seen or talked since getting back from Kenya, so it will be great to hear what it is God has empowered them with. And with the chaos of my jobs, and the income I piece together, I am getting to live by faith. And in this phase of life I am praying that I can know God more and more. You have heard me say that (write that) over and over again. I just can't say it enough. Probably, confession here, because I haven't pursued the avenues "enough" to expand my horizons. I have never been in love - like the romantic kind - so I don't know what that is like, but I just feel like I cannot get enough of God. And yet, I am twisted about how to see him, find him, know him, and listen. Or just busy. And tired. But I know, I just want to know God more and more.
I mean, for those of you who know and love God, you KNOW how overwhelming it is to be so perfectly LOVED. So perfectly redeemed. Without condemnation. So free. So delighted. So enraptured. I mean, for real. WOW. WOW. God is intense and intensely amazing!
His Son, Jesus Christ, IS THE reason for the season. WOW. WOW. I am so flattered that a Savior would descend from a heavenly throne to find me and find me for an eternity. WOW. WOW.
Amazing. Amazing. This is the reality for all of us. Perfect Love and Eternal Freedom. WOW.
No comments:
Post a Comment