Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Savannah, Tybee Island, Hilton Head, and Charleston










A bunch of random pictures of my trip this past weekend with Mom and Nana to the coast to see Savannah and Charleston. Amazing - seriously - Charleston stole my heart. It is incredibly gorgeous there and filled with such history! Plantations, ports, Revolutionary war scenes, civil war scenes, slavery, architecture, and fresh seafood. Amazing!

I made a return visit to the ocean, after a 5 year absence. I know that's sinful, but it's hard to get to the ocean when you live in MN. I forget how good the sand feels inbetween your toes and how enjoyable the ocean sounds are.

It was such a blessing to spend time with Mom and Nana. It's true that mom's will always be mom's. and family is always where you can land on your feet, be embraced, and made laugh just moments after causing your blood pressure to rise. :) I am grateful for that and for the fact that I am blessed to have a family I enjoy being around. ;)

**In case you can't read the pic of the tshirt, it says, "Everytime I feel the urge to exercise, I lay down until it goes away."**

:)

No comments: