Saturday, June 9, 2012

creative expression

 

Isaiah 60:1 The Future Glory of Israel

“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you."



Psalm 34:5

“They looked to Him and were radiant, And their faces will never be ashamed.” 

2 Corinthians 3:16-18
“But whenever a person turns [in repentance] to the Lord, the veil is stripped off and taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom).
And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.”


I don't know what it is about summer time and me being inspired to paint... Last June I was inspired to paint a painting based on a vision while learning through Grace Ministries Intl. and sacrifice and my own image of me. 
Last night, I painted these three small canvases (about 12x12 each) based off of another vision, a prayer time last winter, the phrase "when I see me in Your eyes...I want Your eyes to be my mirror," and my two words with God lately: Arise & Listen. 

The Silver is the background for each of the paintings to represent a mirror, a reflection and the unveiling of seeing self rightly (I really think that seeing self rightly is also a key part of having a fear of the Lord. It is not to be fearful of the Lord - cause there is no fear in Love for God. But seeing God rightly, is an AWE-like fear and seeing ourselves rightly IN HIM is the next right thing). 

The pink flower with a yellow center reminds me of a prayer time with a friend last fall talking about the winters of our souls and spirits, but that the Spring comes allowing new blossoms, beautiful blossoms, and rejuvenated life. And what he bestows on us and for us, He will likely use through us to share with others.

The oranges, reds, and bronzes really just help me tie this into the other colors of my current bedroom resources. :) Gotta be thrifty. 

I have barbaric technique and I implement lots of different medias and end up covered in paint. But that's just my style for now. It's messy and I LOVE IT. I am still not convinced I am much of an artist, but Much like writing for me, expressing my relationship and journey with the Lord is so life giving. 


2 Chronicles 6:41 (ESV)

“And now arise, O Lord God, and go to your resting place, you and the ark of your might. Let your priests, O Lord God, be clothed with salvation, and let your saints rejoice in your goodness."

No comments: