Saturday, June 16, 2012

potential


 1 Timothy 4:12 (MSG)
“Get the word out. Teach all these things. And don't let anyone put you down because you're young. Teach believers with your life: by word, by demeanor, by love, by faith, by integrity. Stay at your post reading Scripture, giving counsel, teaching. And that special gift of ministry you were given when the leaders of the church laid hands on you and prayed—keep that dusted off and in use.”

1 Peter 2:9-10 (AMP)
“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”

Other than my “Dinner with a King” (http://wellspringliving.wordpress.com/2012/05/31/dinner-with-a-king/) I experienced one of the most significant moments in my work with Wellspring Living just yesterday.

I was able to speak to about 20 college students about the Redeemed Assessment Center and the Women’s Program. One of the two RAC interns was able to join me with the interns from another local ministry.

We began our time together with an experience where I scattered all of the students around the parking lot, gave them numbers, blinded them and told them not to talk (Keep in mind that I had never met these students before. At all.). They were to line up from smallest number to largest number without seeing or talking.

We talked about the experience after they completed it and their feelings about how it went. They said they felt, “disadvantaged, lost, without a voice, without an identity, confused, invasion of personal space.” Exactly.

This is exactly what trauma can be like. It’s blinding, it causes confusion, it robs voices, it’s invasive and awful, it’s confusing, and it’s abusive.

The students asked questions, engaged in our conversation, we talked Scripture, and they laughed with me.
At the end of this time, their leader asked, “Kristine what would you encourage them to take back to their college campuses?”
And I got weepy.
“Take back the Lord. Please don’t take back trafficking or justice. Please don’t take back a cause. Find out who you are and Whose you are. Identity means Sameness. You have the living God inside of you and You are sameness with Him…”
Likely I continued…and I remember that we closed in prayer.

Being with these college students was so right for me. I love young people – shoot, I love people. I love being around the potential, curiosity, and brilliance of this generation. I ache with joy at seeing even one tear drop because God has awakened another life.  I adore the Lord who calls me a disciple and allows me a smidgen of influence to disciple others.

I believe that the Commission is true for each of us, young and old. Take the Lord with us. Preach the Words of the Word. The Person of Christ is Worthy to be the name your lips say the most each and every day. I love the potential and adventure of life with the Lord.

Isaiah 42:6 (AMP)
“I the Lord have called You [the Messiah] for a righteous purpose and in righteousness; I will take You by the hand and will keep You; I will give You for a covenant to the people [Israel], for a light to the nations [Gentiles],”

No comments: