ONLY, a.
1. Single; one along;
2. This and no other.
3. This above all others.
Psalm 62:2
He only is my Rock and my Salvation, my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be greatly moved.
He only is my Rock and my Salvation, my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be greatly moved.
Psalm 62:4
They only consult to cast him down from his height [to dishonor him]; they delight in lies. They bless with their mouths, but they curse inwardly. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
They only consult to cast him down from his height [to dishonor him]; they delight in lies. They bless with their mouths, but they curse inwardly. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
Psalm 62:5
My soul, wait only upon God and silently submit to Him; for my hope and expectation are from Him.
My soul, wait only upon God and silently submit to Him; for my hope and expectation are from Him.
Psalm 62:6
He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be moved.
He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be moved.
Deuteronomy 4:9
Only take heed, and guard your life diligently, lest you forget the things which your eyes have seen and lest they depart from your [mind and] heart all the days of your life. Teach them to your children and your children’s children—
Only take heed, and guard your life diligently, lest you forget the things which your eyes have seen and lest they depart from your [mind and] heart all the days of your life. Teach them to your children and your children’s children—
Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord [the only Lord].
Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord [the only Lord].
Psalm 25:5
Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.
Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.
Matthew 9:21
For she kept saying to herself, If I only touch His garment, I shall be restored to health.
For she kept saying to herself, If I only touch His garment, I shall be restored to health.
John 4:10
Jesus answered her, If you had only known and had recognized God’s gift and Who this is that is saying to you, Give Me a drink, you would have asked Him [instead] and He would have given you living water.
Jesus answered her, If you had only known and had recognized God’s gift and Who this is that is saying to you, Give Me a drink, you would have asked Him [instead] and He would have given you living water.
1 Corinthians 3:7
So neither he who plants is anything nor he who waters, but [only] God Who makes it grow and become greater.
So neither he who plants is anything nor he who waters, but [only] God Who makes it grow and become greater.
1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been fully and clearly known and understood [ by God].
For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been fully and clearly known and understood [ by God].
2 Timothy 2:1
So you, my son, be strong (strengthened inwardly) in the grace (spiritual blessing) that is [to be found only] in Christ Jesus.
So you, my son, be strong (strengthened inwardly) in the grace (spiritual blessing) that is [to be found only] in Christ Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment