Sunday, August 17, 2008

Celebration!

Today is my sister's birthday. We had a great brunch @ Jax Cafe in NE Minneapolis. Yum. I could probably write a whole blog post about why I love brunch. To start: coffee. Then, fresh fruit, granola, egg bakes, eggs benedict, Belgian waffles, french toast, omelets, caramel rolls, fresh asparagus...I mean, brunch encapsulates the best things about food. NOT to forget: cheesecake and cookies. What is a girl to choose? YUM! I ate an elegant portion of all things delicious. Here's to my Megan!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Another celebratory event in my day was the EBC Summer Baptism. It was @ Northwestern College this year - first time ever. Over 525 people made the public pronouncement of their faith in Jesus Christ. Including some kids that I personally remember their day! What courage and obedience that these kids exhibited. I was so moved to see the curiosity in their eyes as they were getting ready, the boldness of their hearts as they went fully underwater. Wow. And some grown-ups that I was proud to witness the best "swimming day they will ever have." That is how I described baptism to a little girl who I sat with while her parents were getting baptized. I am not sure she was totally convinced, but I pray that she will always remember the day that her parents made the public announcement of their faith. I pray that she will make that claim soon too! THIS IS CHURCH! 

I heard a story today - a little 3 year old has been coming to Kid-O-Deo with her grandma. Today for the first time her mom came. Her mom told us this, "________ has been coming home asking if she could pray for others, coming home singing the songs, and talking all the time about how much she loves church. So, I figured it was about time that I experienced it myself." A little one is the reason that her mom stepped foot onto our church campus. I pray that they both go a step further and step foot into God's Kingdom. THIS IS CHURCH!

My parents 33 year anniversary was yesterday. I am so blessed to have parents that still honor the covenant that they made to one another. A friend told me that she and her husband are expecting. And a little 2 year old invited me to his house, after he told me he was handsome. I am feeling excited for the work of Invest. Today was baptism. And it's my sister's birthday! WOW. 

Celebrating!!!!!!

No comments: