Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Totally Random

Fuzz is a weird word, I decided today. Fuzz. Say it aloud, right while you sit there. Fuzz. It doesn't quite roll out of your mouth like the word chocolate. Not the same. Fork is a weird sounding word too. 

Sometimes some of the funniest movie actors are in the dumbest movies. While I was in good company last Friday night, the film we viewed was way below par. 

I learned CPR today - well, I was refreshed in CPR today. Though that may be noble, I hope I never have to use it! I liked our teacher. She thought she was funny. 

I hung around a 2 year old today who has a plastic lion friend named, Uncle Scar. I have so much more respect for this little one now that I know he is a fan of THE LION KING. THE LION KING is a great film, but a better stage musical. Oh the beauty - nothing will ever exceed it's magnificence. The creativity and the ingenuity - WOW! 

I have been having vivid and odd dreams during the night lately - is that stress related? Last week there was a robber in the house; I was a make up aficionado; Buckhead Church with some of our church's families that I was giving a tour to; and I am sure there were more, but I cannot remember them now. 

Why are they called Bridal "Showers"? or "Baby Showers"? Is it simply derived from the fact that a group of people are showering another group with love and gifts?

Why can't grown ups wear polka dots, patch work, or overalls like infants? When did the style of an infant stop being cute on a grown up?

Are other states as passionate about their "fairs" or "get togethers" as Minnesotans? And who originally thought of putting something on a stick? Where did that idea come from - what was the first item that was put on a stick - the corn dog? Why? And why is eating a corn dog so much more fun than eating a hot dog? What is the draw to the state fair other than food and people watching?

Why did dancing on dates stop being so commonplace? Not many couples I know of go out dancing on their dates: is the hully gully or swing dancing a lost art for dating couples? And why does the song "JUMP, JIVE AN' WAIL" make me want to jump and jive when I am clueless about how to do so? Interesting. 

Random commentary.....

No comments: