I do not begin to get nervous when I think about speaking in front of 60,000 people, like the faculty @ the Leadership Summit. Instead, I sit there and critique their words, semantics, delivery, content, facial expressions, hand gestures, and idiosyncrasies. Seems audacious doesn't it? That I would critique something in someone that is a veteran in the field. Can't help it - I don't just listen and learn - I observe and listen AT them.
I am not nervous about the fact that I don't have a guaranteed income, a solid understanding of where I will live, a guaranteed successful job opportunity, or health in Africa. If I allow the enemy's phone call to roll to voicemail and then I listen to those messages - well, then I get nervous, but instead I am praying away the fears and focusing on faith. Faith that God is Who He says He is. Faith that I am uniquely and specifically designed in such a way that will bring honor to His Name. Faith that God will not fail. Faith that I have been called, "for such a time as this" (Esther 4:14 - oh, the heroine she is!). Faith that God can grow money on trees. Faith that the difficulties that living in ATL brings to my life will pale in comparison to the joy I will find in the Purpose of God. Faith that this will inspire me to love Jesus Christ more than ever before. Faith so big that I will respond to God: BRING IT ON. Faith that I will be wrecked by the things that wreck God. This God I love and worship (and have spent many evenings helping kids worship Him) is NOT small. He does the unthinkable and thinks the undoable. He is just that perfect.
I see it in the moment when 6-year-old-Bubba decides to give all of his Thomas trains to a little boy who lost everything in a fire @ his home. I see this Big God when little kids come to church when they didn't enjoy it before. I see it when volunteers sacrifice their time for the sake of others. I see it in the message of a movie that reminds me that God gives us one life, one dash. I see it when a team decides to pray for their leader. I see it in the spontaneity of lunch dates. I see a Great Big God when I have the opportunity to mourn with those who mourn. I see God's perfection when friends show love and care and encouragement.
God is just that perfect. I have faith. And I want my eyes to always see Him.
2 comments:
you always cease to amaze me in your words Kristine! I love you and can't wait for what God is going to show you and hearing about what you actually SEE! :)
you are an incredible writer...i can only imagine how inspiring you will be in GA based on how you inspire me from this blog. i am psyched to be able to stay connected with you through this blog and facebook! ~Sandra
Post a Comment