Friday, August 29, 2008

The Adventure

Windows are open. I hear a marching band or drum core in the distance. Friday Night Football. Went to the Mall of America today with a great group of folks for some back to school shopping. WOW. Last night, I was at a University and it was the first night of welcome week for the new/returning students. How nostalgic. I could look @ calendars, paper, organizers, pen holders, sharpie markers ALL NIGHT LONG. Love that stuff! 

Well, it is less than 4 weeks until my last day @ EBC. I am not gloating. I am not sure what I feel yet about that. It's so surreal to believe that the adventure I have been asked to dive into is really for me. I have wondered how something that sounds so perfect for me could actually be for me. And then I wonder:  Am I capable? Am I willing? Am I going to succeed? Is anyone in the south going to like me? Do I know how? Will everyone here forget about me - how soon? And yet I know I must go and I know it is time. My heart needs this change. I deeply feel like God and I need this change together. :)  

Despite the short amount of time I have left here, I am going to Atlanta September 8-11. I am praying for interviews with the 3-4 opportunities I know of alongside my INVEST work. I also hope to shore up some of the details about where I will live. Right now, it is starting to look like I will be a nomad for a short while. :) It's a good thing I have a car that can handle the loads. 

There was a short few days when we felt like perhaps we wouldn't be going to Africa in November. BUT, now it is locked in (whatever that means in God's world, hehehe). And it will just be 4 of us -- Kristin, Nathanael, Jenny (our INVEST intern), and myself. Great, intimate team. I envision a great time of visioning, praying, and observing for the future. I am looking for things to sell and ways to raise awareness about my fundraising needs. I have emailed people offering to be their childcare provider, if they would send all funds for the time to my trip. Hey, they even get a tax break! :) 

I have started taking pictures of random life moments. Maybe I am getting nostalgic. Just want to capture moments and document this transition. 

I am fighting fears, doubts, and worries. I am finding fleeting moments of insecurity and praying that they go away. That is no good. And ice cream is getting too friendly, I think.... :) 

This week my team and I spent some time conversing about 2 Timothy 1:7 -- "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power and love and self-discipline." I need not fear or be small. NO, I can be filled with a lovely power of God. And I can choose my heart flickers, my mind thoughts, and my words. On this part of the journey that is such a great reminder!

No comments: