Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Day I helped Emily Steffen Photography



Do you know who emily steffen is? Do you know her photo company? If you don't, you should. She is one of the most talented and creative artists I have seen behind a camera. I had the distinct privilege of seeing said photographer in action for a wedding yesterday. I was the assistant. I ran around, made jokes, helped with posture, ran around, carried a lot of umbrellas, smiled, ran around, and did I mention run around? It was great to see creative art in action and on location. It was also great at how easy the bride and groom were to work with. They were in love and happy and really mellow (take notes, ya'll). I had a great time and no trouble working for my best friend. :)

This wedding was also significant because my sister was the maid of honor for her best friend. See how that works? I was so proud of Megan - she looked radiant (she is much more tan than me, so rich fall colors are great on her). She was composed, helpful, playful, and fun. And then it came time for her speech. I was very impressed. I have punctuated my life and career with speaking and communicating - I guess to forget to listen to my sister. She did a great job! I cried - felt so proud of Meg in that moment.

It was a Wendt family day - mom and dad were @ the wedding and reception. It was fun to sit with them - my dad was more concerned about talking with Emily than me...but I am secure with that. Then it came time for dancing. I nearly croaked when BOTH of my parents got out on the dance floor TOGETHER and danced. I have never in all my years witnessed my parents dancing. My mom complains of having 2 left feet - she did good, relatively speaking. No polka for her. Megan captured one of the BEST photos of them dancing. LOVE IT. Can't wait to show my new friends in Africa my parents. 

The day I helped Emily Steffen Photography was a good day. I would TOTALLY do it again. What joy to support, create, and invest in someone's meaningful day! 

No comments: