In order for me to honestly go onto a new adventure, I must have closure with the one that I completed tonight. Right here, right now - IN THIS MOMENT, I am sipping coffee and nodding my head to the adventure that was Eagle Brook Church. Thank you GOD. The church will go on, the families will connect with another individual, and my team will ensure that the legacy that was defined for Kid-O-Deo will grow. But all of this will happen without me. I have been called away to thrilling adventure.
In reflecting about this new phase, I have come to more fully-realize a slew of things:
1) People Matter to God.
2) Leadership is not dominance and dominance is not leadership
3) Things take time.
4) Having an advisory team and an accountability team has been the best thing I ever chose to do.
5) It's fun to play at work.
6) We can learn during each storm and each mountain top experience. But we must surrender to that process.
7) God truly IS who He says He is.
8) I have been called.
I have had the best journey at Eagle Brook and God has opened up my heart to His Kingdom in ways that I could not have even imagined. Not even this adventure to Atlanta. I am SO excited! So excited to dive into the work of creating. Excited to dive into the work of leading. Excited to live in the thrill and wisdom of ambiguity. I have so much peace that I am almost anxious that I am not panicking more. Isn't that a conundrum?
I haven't yet figured out what will be the most challenging part of the transition. Living in the South? No winter? Being away from that which I most know? Drinking Sweet Tea? The new job? A new church? Driving near renegade Georgians? I don't know. Is it possible that this won't be a hard transition at all? Is that possible? Sure, it's going to be different and relationships will be affected - but does that mean that this will be hard? Only time will tell.
If you are reading this and you have prayed or given to this transition - know that I am grateful. You are playing a part in God's Kingdom by supporting the works and efforts of one individual. I am grateful.
Cheers and Regards, my dear EBC Family.
No comments:
Post a Comment