Friday, September 5, 2008

I am just EXCITED!

I love my weekly or daily phone calls from Kristin that begin with "hey girl, how are you?" and then continue into, "do you want the good news or the great news?" Who can resist either? I love it. We are GOING TO AFRICA. That has not changed since I last posted. But now, in an effort to keep costs down, we have some potential changes: specific dates that we'll be there and the work we'll do. We may leave a couple of days earlier to go concurrently with 410 Bridge and their team to save on transportation costs. And we may get to participate in some projects with the 410 team on behalf of before/after the work we are going over there to do. Hey, I am okay with that! I am just so humbled that I am catching this wave. 410 is seeming to be so excited about the work we're doing. That is a good thing! Oh, and I forgot to mention that we'll have a layover during our flights in either Amsterdam or London. WAHOO - I am pulling for London, I would love that stamped on my passport!!!

I am leaving on a plane, nice and early Monday morning to go to Atlanta for a few days. I am so pumped! This is a strategic trip with the hope that I can shore up the job that will pay the bills. And to hopefully figure out some elements of my housing situation. AND, to spend time with my INVEST-peeps! When I started to logically think through some of the steps that would need to take place 6 weeks ago when I knew I would be moving - I began to breathe more quickly. Well, GOD HAS PROVIDED. May He get the praise and the glory. Things are not set yet, but I have 4-5 potential jobs to pay the bills. And I have at least one potential place to live. So, in addition to getting to join a new team, a new adventure, a new phase, I am seeing the fruit of God's plan in my life by His provisions: work, shelter, and contributions to the fundraising efforts for Africa (slowly, but surely). I cannot wait to post again and boast of His Good Works. Don't even get me started on His Unabashed Love....

:)

No comments: