Tuesday, January 10, 2012

the face of the One that I love


dude, God's glory is incredible.

I am reading through Isaiah 42, 43, and 44 this morning. And it is poignant (though the word "DUDE" doesn't communicate that thought so well)! :)

I am reading about His Glory and His promises....Isaiah heard of these things SO fully from the Lord. God's vision over Israel and the descendants of Jacob (That's us!), was one of restoration and righteousness. God was announcing that He HAD a plan to redeem the wastelands, and the desolate places. He had a plan to carry His people (that's us!) through the waters and torrents of life. Isaiah writes of God's glory and God's detail in the cyprus, the North and the South, the mountains shouting of joy, the desert, and the newness that will come! God's glory and His Great fame promise that a new thing is coming - a brilliant foreshadowing of the Christ-child!

God's glory is also deeply intimate - in no way does he leave out his children, his beloved. In fact, he invites us to BEHOLD ('to keep, to fix eyes upon, to see with attention' ~Noah Webster) and to Proclaim His promises over each of us. Rejoice - shout joyfully (Is 44:23). As in the video with - let us look on the face of the One that we love - oh, God, show us your glory!


Isaiah 43:19

Amplified Bible (AMP)
19Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

Isaiah 44:23

Amplified Bible (AMP)
23Sing, O heavens, for the Lord has done it; shout, you depths of the earth; break forth into singing, you mountains, O forest and every tree in it! For the Lord has redeemed Jacob, and He glorifies Himself in Israel.

Isaiah 44:6

Amplified Bible (AMP)
6Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: I am the First and I am the Last; besides Me there is no God.

Psalm 97:1-6 Amplified Bible (AMP)

  1THE LORD reigns, let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles and coastlands be glad!    2Clouds and darkness are round about Him [as at Sinai]; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne.(A)
    3Fire goes before Him and burns up His adversaries round about.
    4His lightnings illumine the world; the earth sees and trembles.
    5The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
    6The heavens declare His righteousness, and all the peoples see His glory.

Isaiah 42:1

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
God’s Promise concerning His Servant
 1 “(A)Behold, My (B)Servant, whom I [a]uphold;
My (C)chosen one in whom My (D)soul delights.
I have put My (E)Spirit upon Him;
He will bring forth (F)justice to the [b]nations.

Isaiah 44:24

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
 24 Thus says the LORD, your (A)Redeemer, and the one who (B)formed you from the womb,
   “I, the LORD, am the maker of all things,
(C)Stretching out the heavens by Myself
And spreading out the earth [a]all alone,"


Isaiah 43:1 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

"But now, thus says the LORD, your (A)Creator, O Jacob,
And He who (B)formed you, O Israel,
“Do not (C)fear, for I have (D)redeemed you;
I have (E)called you by name; you are (F)Mine" 
 

Isaiah 42:6

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

6 “I am the LORD, I have (A)called You in righteousness,
I will also (B)hold You by the hand and (C)watch over You,
And I will appoint You as a (D)covenant to the people,
As a (E)light to the nations, 


Isaiah 43:3

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 “For (A)I am the LORD your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your (B)Savior;"

No comments: