Sunday, January 8, 2012

salvation only

Psalm 62:1-2, 5-8 (NASB)

"My soul waits in silence for God only;
[[what does it mean to wait in silence? not fully sure in this moment, but keenly curious about the Words God allows in the Word]]
 
From Him is my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation
,
[[Only he is the Rock and the Salvation - the firm foundation, and the gift everlasting]]
My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.

 5 My soul, wait in silence for God only,
For my hope is from Him.
[[Where is the author's Soul waiting? On God. Only. 
Because Why? Hope is from Him!]]

6 He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be shaken.
[[Nothing quakes or quivers the foundation...He cannot be shaken! Why? Because nothing surprises or upsets the Sovereignty of God]]
 
7 On God my salvation and my glory rest;
[[What an incredible image: On God - yes, ON Him. On His Watch, Upon His Shoulders, On His Mind...My salvation (The salve for my life) and My Glory (His goodness within me)...Rest. HA! Not move, not strive, not achieve, not balance, nor hover. No, REST.]]
 
The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
8 Trust in Him at all times, O people;
[[YES!]]
 
Pour out your heart before Him;
[[Oh that we would pour out our hearts to Him indeed! An active spilling that flows and flows]]
 
God is a refuge for us.
                         Selah.

Twice I have heard this:
That power belongs to God;
[[Be not confused, oh Friends, He is Abundant in power and might.]]

12 And lovingkindness is Yours, O Lord, 
[[Yet, be not astounded - He full of Hesed (the Hebrew word for Lovingkindness)...His tender love is so much more rich than any English, Greek, Hebrew, or Latin word can offer]]

For You recompense a man according to his work" 

I love the over-usage of the word "only" - this writer (King David, I think) is not confused about the position or placement of God's autonomy in His life. What a good reminder for me - His Voice First, and I know that Voice, I do! Only is One, a position for one...and this One is THE One! :) Such truth here. ;) 

The word "salvation" caught my eye here - because I saw the word Salve. Salve is an ointment used to dress wounds....Salvation doesn't dress wounds, it brings Life out of death. But both salve and salvation are healing, because without them there would be festering and toxicity. 
My soul waits in silence for God only. Oh Yes. His Voice and His heart imprinted and impressed into the facets of my life. I wait on Him and with Him and For Him... How about you?

No comments: