The story I get to teach is about King Solomon. He came into rule after his father, at the age of 12 or so. Can you even imagine being king of an empire at such an age - geesh, the lack of wisdom and experience of a 12 year old; which is perfect for God to make a move!!!! And the glory is God's. God told Solomon that He could have anything he wanted - and Solomon asked for.....drum roll.......WISDOM. Not money to pay the bills. Not the voluntary military to grow in numbers and strength. Not a the right kind of wardrobe to make him look like a king. King Solomon asked for wisdom. And the glory is God's. And because God thought it to be such a righteous request, God gave Solomon some riches and honor too. Not a bad deal for a 12 year old. Wonder what kind of riches made a 12 year old king happy - golden trucks? jeweled sling shots? armor for all his friends for imaginary war games? I digress...
If God asked me right now what it is I want, I would say: Energy. There are so many things that I crave energy for:
1) I am desiring disciplined energy to put into my relationship with God Himself; into the prayers of repentance, change, and intercession that I lift up. I don't to be a fanatic or frantic, or the kind of Christian who thinks I can make the changes on my own. That isn't going to happen. Rather, I desire to be the kind of follower of Christ who hears from the Spirit the promptings that lead to freedom and then the energy to obey.
2) I am going to see a Dr. It isn't normal that a 26 year old (not quite yet, but it seemed easier this way...for those of you who are counting) to wake up with such stiff muscles, crunkling joints, neck and low back pain. Maybe it's my thyroid. Maybe it's something I eat that sends my body out of whack. Maybe it's something serious. Maybe it's not.
3) I am going to find a chiropractor. And in my dreams, this chiropractor would have massage as part of the therapy....oh, sigh.....
4) As I think about getting "grouplinked" this week, I desire the energy to delve full-on into this amazing group I know God has planned for me. And even energy to commit to my Fusion peeps.
5) As I think of a new job with Jaycee and Jack, may I have the energy to be patient, the energy to make playful choices, and the energy to communicate well.
I serve a faithful God. And this God is just a breathe away for all of us. Everyone. Everywhere. What size! What depth! What beauty! What freedom! What community!
Well, I gotta go learn the story and learn it well!
:D
No comments:
Post a Comment