Started out with some chocolate chip pancakes. I got outsmarted by a 5 and a 2 year old - had NO clue they would eat as much as they did...bottomless pits they are when it comes to chocolate chip pancakes. Simple joy!
Then went to church - such a great message. Our church is in a six week series called BALANCED, where we are talking about how to regain and maintain financial balance. Very relevant for my own world - you? Today we talked about debt. I have never before been in as much consumer debt as I am in now. Not proud of it, but will beat it. ESPECIALLY, since I have covenanted and chosen to make disciplined choices away from instant gratification. :) But, OH, does "dumb debt" feel terrible.
Oh, I forgot to say....on my way to church I talked with Jennifer. My new boss. YUP, I have accepted a full time position as a nanny for a 3-year old girl and a 3 month old boy. I begin on February 2nd. I like this position, because I will be done by 4 pm most days, I will have Fridays off, I will get to spend time with great kids, I will get to support a family, I will get to take fun field trips, and I will have enough mental margin to plug into other arenas of life. Such as Fusion, Community Group, other part time jobs, and maybe someday a play. Simple peace!
Okay, we were at: church.
After church got a message that a family wanted to interview me for a live-in nanny position that pays MORE than the one I had just accepted. Murphy's Law, right???? :D
Then I go to lunch @ Sue's house. Sue has been around my whole life. When my mom's friends through her a baby shower with cute-l'il me, Sue was there. Got to spend time eating brunch with Sue, Sue's husband, Sue's Son Troy and his whole family. Such a treat. We had quite the spread and quite the entertaining conversation. Simple fun!
Then got to talk to my dad. Dad is always good for talking about movies - he saw SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE and Highly recommends it, FYI. And his recommendation is worth following through on. Have I ever told you that even in my grown-up years, my dad still calls me by my childhood nickname, "Big Squirrel"??? I am not sure why I just aired out that piece of information, but there you have it. I guess you're always a child to your parents. :D
Then got to cap off the night with some Wii fun with 3 kids. They are some of the most polite, playful, respectful, and hilarious kids I know. I think if I had a Wii, I might actually do "Wii Fit" and actually get some exercise in my life. Simple technology!
I feel at so much peace right now. God through me a few extra babysitting jobs this week. And I have a few unexpected ones coming up this week. I am so grateful. I may have panicked - probably a normal cause for someone thrust outside of their comfort zone, but I hope you never saw me lose the faith. I hope I didn't....Because God is miraculous. So miraculous. Simply irresistible!
No comments:
Post a Comment