Church service great! Worship song that I cannot find anywhere on iTunes, but I really want to. Don't know name or artist, just some lyrics. So frustrating. Message was about balance, but the emphasis of the series is financial balance. I definitely did stop to reflect: What is in my life that is out of balance? And what financial decisions have I made in the past that are affecting me more now, during this economic state? Our homework is to spy on our money, and since I am committing to work on delayed gratification and getting out of debt this could be good for me to discern and pray through.
Lunch: Me and Alexa and Reuben. Reuben said the funniest thing, but you maybe had to be there:
"Reuben, can you pick up your Go-Gurt Wrapper, it's on the floor."
"HEY, that isn't my career...a funny laugh...I don't even know what that means, I just saw it on Alvin and the Chipmunks (he walks away laughing at himself)"
Sunday afternoon nap/rest/snooze: I may never get over loving those. When I used to work on Sunday mornings, it was so delightful for me to love naps. I still do.
Sunday afternoon walk with the kids. We went on a scavenger hunt and found great stuff.
I get a text from Charissa to hang out with her kids during their Bible Study.
I stop at Target for some essentials on way to Charissa's.
I get out of Target with not quite enough time to get to the King's on time.
I drive briskly, worrying about the impression I have made since the last time I went there I was late too. Am I leaving enough margin in my days?
I am less than a mile away. I hit a curb.
Feel free to tell me that everyone does it in their life. Or that everyone does dumb stuff. That would be helpful. :D
I drive to the King's. Get out. And notice that well, the tire is losing air fast.
al;sdkfjapoiufasl;dkhjfaopsiseur;idfu***@@#$%@#$%@!#@$!@#$^&*asld;ifouilaksjdfnc,
I compose myself and go inside.
I stay the night here (in a really comfy bed) and then get my car towed, repaired, and back a little while ago.
And here I am. So, what has this lesson taught me? I have no idea. But I am looking for it. Chalk it up to all of the lessons I am being thrust into learning in my days right now.
As I have said, I am learning a lot right now. Maybe that I have had mis-placed ambition - do I want career with it's effectiveness and success and leadership more than I want God? Maybe I have had a mis-directed sense of stability - what value have I placed on my living environment, sleep, privacy, financial security, work, purpose, and family? Maybe I need to build more discipline in my life - how are my driving habits, financial habits, eating habits, relational, and devotional habits? Do I have a misplaced view of - myself, my capabilities, my giftedness, or my relationships?
Gee, I don't know. I feel like all of these blog posts are so dramatic and intense. I don't want to be that person who launches into the list of issues when all you say is "Hi" (like that insurance commercial where the guy confesses to having a rash). Maybe I am just a slow learner. Or I need a more dramatic message from God than most do (who me?). I used to say that I was alone with God on a branch and that if I was there with Him that was enough. Well, now, I feel like I am free-falling, so if I am free-falling with God (the Creator of gravity) then that is great too.
I am so blessed, because this God of mine has given me so much to be grateful for: family who cares deeply, friends who let me be the idiot, a church where I can freely worship, and all my basic needs are met.
I am grateful.
So grateful.
It's an adventure and I am not alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment